Friday, April 1, 2011

Things That Go Bump In The Night


If you know me, you know I get scared easily and that's what today's post is all about, fear. I recently stumbled across two artists who scare the living daylights out of me. First is Joshua Hoffine (http://www.joshuahoffine.com/) a photographer who specializes in coaxing out the fears from our childhood that have been repressed into our subconscious.



Here is his artist statement:


Next is JG Thirlwell. I love poetry, especially love poems, so as you can imagine this piece by Thirlwell is not my forte. There is something about this piece from the music, the lyrics, to his back and forth movements that gets under my skin and totally creeps me out. This guy knows crazy and it's almost like his crazy is contagious and gets into your head too. I feel so uneasy and sick watching this video, it is as if he is dragging you down with him into his descent into insanity. I guess that's the point of it, so apparently he's a genius. When I saw the video last night for the first time, I found myself laying in my bed staring down my dark hallway waiting for someone or something to turn around my corner. I was terrified just like I was a child again.


I'll be sleeping with my light on tonight.

0 comments: