Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finding My Way Back To You Babe

I had a complete Carrie Bradshaw moment today. Yes, I am still making references to Sex and the City almost ten years after it's gone off the air and I probably will be 30 years from now too.

I was digging through an old bag I'd found to see what I had in there, looking for some inspiration, or at the very least something to focus on to help calm my monkey mind. I hate when I feel cornered by my own life because my mind kicks into overdrive and then my mind swells with ideas of what I should be doing, what I could be doing, what I want to be doing, and what I need to be doing. Ultimately all that I end up doing is I get overwhelmed and I take a nap or I get on facebook. But anyway back to my bag of treasures. I found some crystals and thought "Hey! These would be great for some much needed Chakra cleansing." Yeah, weird I know, the things I do to distract myself. Then I found some old bracelets (cool!) but the real delight was my brass ring with my name etched into it.



Just like Carrie when she found her long lost Carrie necklace in her vintage Dior bag, I had an "Aha!" moment. I felt a surge of energy I haven't felt in a while and I realized it's time to find me again. I'm going to take all those things I should, could, want and need to do and I am going to finally do them.

But first, I should check my facebook and ...*yawn*... maybe take a nap.

0 comments: