Saturday, February 5, 2011

Have a Little Faith

I'm feeling so many different emotions right now. I started packing today because I am moving back to Cortland this weekend and it has been a lot harder than I thought. I said my goodbyes to my good friends at the agency on Thursday with a small party at the office and then a big night out at Splash. Friday at the office was a quiet day of tears and goodbyes. I really will miss the friends I have made there, especially Brenda. In the four short months of my internship, she has found a special place in my heart and I hold her to the same esteem as some of my friends I have known my whole life.

I am excited to return home to my family and friends but NYC, as difficult as it's been, has been my home for the past year and it really is such an amazing city. For the first time in my life I don't know what is right for me and I have no plan. Since I am feeling so confused and lost I need to have a little faith. A little faith in my future, a little faith in the fact that my life has been very fortunate and at the very least have a little faith in me.



When the road gets dark
And you can no longer see
Just let my love throw a spark
And have a little faith in me
And when the tears you cry
Are all you can believe
Just give these loving arms a try
And have a little faith in me

Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me

And when your secret heart
Cannot speak so easily
Come here darling, from a whisper start
And have a little faith in me
And when your backs against the wall
Just turn around and you, you will see
I will catch you, I will catch your fall
Just have a little faith in me

Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me...

I find a lot of comfort in this song right now. I can rely on my friends, my family and myself. And I need to believe that whatever is right for me and my future will work itself out in the end.

0 comments: