Friday, February 11, 2011

Half King for a Golden Boy


Last night was my last "official" night out in NYC. I spent the evening in the company of Tanya, Adolfo, Brenda, Annie, Chad and Kim at Half King. I've been wanting to check this place out for a while. It's this intimate cool artsy kinda vibe place. Even it's history is interesting. It's owned by writers Scott Anderson, Nanette Burstein and Sebastian Junger, it's a classic style pub, serving European flavors with a thirty-foot bar, a semi-private lounge and an intimate back garden. All wood used in construction was salvaged from a 200 year-old barn in Pennsylvania. Even the name Half King is from Fred Anderson's Crucible of War. To put it simply, it's a cool, comfy place. Oh and fun pop culture fact: This is the restaurant that Drew Barrymore is seated at outdoors in the movie Going The Distance.

We shared some yummy appetizers, some good drinks (the butter scotch-a-licious Golden Boy for me) and lots of laughs. I even snapped a quick picture with Fatima from America's Next Top Model. Apparently she stole someone's table right behind ours and as she got booted from the table I grabbed her to take advantage of this perfect photo op!


After Half King Tanya, Adolfo, Annie and I headed to G Lounge, our go to bar, for a couple more drinks and a little heart to heart conversation.

0 comments: