Thursday, February 17, 2011

Five Days In


I've officially been back in Cortland for five days now. The transition has been easier than expected. Obviously, when I left my apartment and the city behind last Saturday I cried like a baby. Even though it's a bittersweet situation, it's hard to be depressed when you are surrounded by family and friends, those are the two things I was missing in NYC, and obviously those are the two most important things in my life.

My only worry now is finding a job; actually a career. I'm sick of working a string of odd jobs knowing that it's temporary and hopping from one to another. I'm getting older and it's time to start building a life for myself. I would love for my career to be in my field, but ultimately I just want something that makes me happy. All I want out of life is to be happy. I'm no dummy and I realize happiness is something you create for yourself and I am doing my best to do just that.

(These images of Cortland are much different from the city scape I got used to over the past year!)

0 comments: