Monday, June 13, 2011

NY State of Mind


The other day I definitely was in a "NY state of mind" and by that I mean stricken with anxiety! I received an email from an art gallery in NYC wanting me to go interview this past Friday. You'd think that I would have been happy, I thought I would have been at least. I was totally unprepared for the feelings it stirred up in me. I felt like I was going to have a panic attack; all the negative feelings, fears and uncertainty that I felt leaving NY in February came rushing back and hit me like a heard of wild buffalo.

That's when I realized it. I am not ready to go back to NY. If I decide that that's where I want to be again, I need to spend more time building myself back up mentally, emotionally and financially. I also realized moving back will require that I am offered a stellar job, where I am compensated extremely well and the balance between work and life is just that, balanced.

I had a good talk with a good pal of mine who went through a scenario similar to mine in NY and he decided to move to a small village in Malta, that he described as boring, to be with family and get away from it all. He was right in what he said "NY is a beast. And sometimes you just need boring."


(My favorite picture that I took in NY.)

0 comments: