Monday, May 23, 2011

Pasta Salad Recipe

Tonight a friend of mine was feeling down and decided the only thing that could make him feel better was a delicious pasta salad recipe. Well, being the awful cook that I am, of course I don't have one. So naturally I channeled my inner crazy cat lady and came up with this heartwarming recipe:

"First you take the pasta and you boil it with love, then you let it cool in the cool sunny rays from heaven up above. Next you place it in the bowl and shake it hard and true, once it's been seasoned to perfection I'll serve it to all my friends, including even you!"

He seemed to think it was funny and it cheered him up pretty quick. I guess it's true what they say, nothing beats the blues better than some home cooked love.


The Crazy Cat Lady according to Italian Vogue.



On a serious note: I did share what I thought were some equally parts wise and comforting words. I said "I'm not one of those people that will tell you things always get better, or that everything always happens for a reason because that's bullshit. Sometimes things don't get any better and sometimes they just get worse. But I can tell you that there will always be people around who care about you and want to see you happy." Man, am I good or what. I wish sometimes people would take the time to think and say something thoughtful like that to me when I've had a bad day instead of taking the easy road and pollyannaing out on me by giving me trite and cliche responses. You'd really be surprised at what a little respect, recognition and kindness can do for a foul mood!

0 comments: