Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm a Little Bit Country & I'm a Little Bit Rock 'n' Roll


I am a complete paradox because of my contradictory love for the country and the city. I spent this past Friday with my niece and nephew because they had the day off from school; so I took them to the waterworks which is essentially in my backyard. It was such beautiful Spring time scenery, plenty of deer grazing, crystal clear water, ducks and geese pairing up for mating season and lots of sunshine and fresh air. We had such a great time feeding the animals and then heading to the nearby playground for some obstacle course fun!

Now on to my love of Spring time in the city...


I stumbled across this forgotten song while creating a list of my favorite Spring time anthems. This song captures the essence of Spring in NYC to me and I surprisingly became a little emotional listening to this. I know, I know, that seems weird but I guess I'm still not over the fact that I'm not there to enjoy everything. But life is all about give and take. I love that I am here and able to enjoy the country vistas with my family but I also miss the possibility of exciting adventures with strangers. I am a Gemini to a T and sometimes I wish I wasn't because I pull myself in every direction and that always leaves me wondering "what if?". "What if?" I made the right decision and "What if?" I didn't. Oh the perils of being young and dumb.

0 comments: