Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New Age Mumbo Jumbo?


Staying in the present, it sounds like such a simple concept, but I always find myself dwelling in the past or projecting into the future. I'm beginning to realize the present is where life is occurring and very much alive, and it's where I need to be consciously. It's almost as if I'm scared and opting out of my life by not remaining in the present, like I can only handle it in small doses before I escape into the past or future. I need to make an honest effort to stay present in my life because it is at this very moment that life is changing and reshaping and branching into new directions. Life in the present is dynamic while life in the past and future is stagnant.

I want to make a serious commitment to myself to be in the moment and open to all the possibilities life will bring my way.

2 comments:

Kreesten Mary said...

I will make this serious commitment with you! I need to.

SweetBiscuits said...

Good! I think it would benefit you too.